Mike is from small town america New Hampshire where he liked to study art. And to do so he went to NYC to study graphic
design at SVA, he graduated last year. Mike likes to skateboard, talk in the 3rd person, and check out new places to eat.
Truth is that I am not the best but I aspire to try and be the best me I can be.
1. Why are you interested in wgi?
I believe that to futher oneself one needs to push themselves to try new things. This internship is the push that I need not just to explore myself but the world, and graphic design.
2. What are you looking to gain from an experience such as WGI?
Self furfillment and improvment
3. What would be your goals after completing WGI if you were selected?
My goal would be to find a definiate direction that I want to persue in life. I belive that this internship could help me find that.
4. How did you hear about wgi?
5. Share an example of a time you were most motivated and a time you were most demotivated.
Currently I am a junior designer at Delcan & Co. The job meant a lot to me when I joined up and I was motivated to try my very best, since it was the first job out of college. I have felt most demotivated during the job hunt, when many agencies have told me that my work lacks in some way. It hurt personally but I've learned that It isnt a matter of who I am as a person.
6. In your opinion, what creates a great culture at a company?
excellent communication skills, and intuitive people.
7. What brands and companies do you admire and why?
I admire Nike quite a bit for several reasons. One, I love to see this major corperation open to creating new technologies rather than allowing themselves to stagnate. I also enjoy the fact that they are empowering expiriemntal designers to do their ad campaigns.
8. What do you do to stay sharp and improve your craft?
I constantly think about how I am improving and I try to teach myself a new skill or program during my free time.
9. What’s your favorite quote?
the best thing to do when it's raining, is to let it rain.
10. If you could solve one problem in the world what would it be?