Welcome to the WGI Global Report—your periodic newsletter bringing a mix of advice for the ages, timely career opportunities, and expertise in the know and now.
We are so excited to share that Rice Creative, located in Ho Chi Minh, is joining us for Edition 3. They are a team of forward thinkers with deep cultural insights. The design and creative scene in Vietnam is thriving and we can't wait to experience that fresh sensibility.
Apply to Edition 3
"An organization will have a high spirit of performance if it is consistently directed toward opportunity rather than toward problems.It will have the thrill of excitement, a sense of challenge, and the satisfaction of achievement if its energies are put where the results are, and that means on the opportunities." —The Peter F. Drucker Reader: Selected Articles
Energy flows where attention goes. So often opportunities outweigh problems, yet we focus on the obstacles in our path. But you can reframe problems to become opportunities if you invert the situation (like problem-solving backwards). As creatives we’re often described as, or describe ourselves as, problem-solvers. Maybe it's time to rethink that.
"The faster you are able to get over yourself, the more you can do for the people who matter most. Yet external forces keep pulling you toward self-centered pursuits. From books pushing “happiness” to advertisements convincing you that consumption leads to adoration, these messages tempt you to focus inward. That is all a trap (and a load of crap).” —It's Not About You: A Brief Guide
Junior Copywriter at Square in San Francisco
Junior Designer at Byte in New York
Junior Concept Designer at Disney (remote friendly)
Graphic Design Internship at Glow Recipe in New York
Social Media Content Internship at Glow Recipe in New York
Junior Creative Strategist at Code & Theory in San Francisco
Junior Product Designer at Lotum (remote friendly)
Copywriter at The Dodo in New York
Assoc. Motion Graphics Editor at The Dodo in New York
Job hunting amid the coronavirus pandemic: How to network … from your couch via CNBC
“Job seekers need to realize networking is not trying to meet as many people as possible. It’s about meeting a few well-connected people who can vouch for your ability and who are willing to refer you to a few other well-connected people,” Adler said in a post for LinkedIn announcing his findings.
How Strong Is Your Creative Immune System via CommArts
The fact is, in times like these, creativity can take a beating. And the time we’re in now is unprecedented. Not just in what it’s done to us as a society, but potentially to our ability to maintain our creative selves. Creative resilience is critical now.
How to Ace an Online Interview via NY Times
To successfully make the jump to team member from virtual job seeker, brush up on classic interview techniques and adapt them to the new world of internet interviews.
"There's a better way to do it. Find it." — Thomas Edison
More and more people are searching for neon to spruce up their homes, offices, and the in-between home-offices. As live-streaming gains more popularity, people are looking to bring electricity into the frame. Companies like Neon Mfg, Custom Neon, and AOOS are a few creating custom neon signs.
Premium Pet Products
Pet owners are spending more than ever to increase their pets' well-being. Premium pet insurance, Raw organic food and treats, frozen yogurt, CBD products, and owner-to-pet video call platforms.
This is the dropshipping model applied to services. The reason for its fast growth is the ease of entry. Think of it as subcontracting built on the dropship hype. This has been done for a long time, but expect to see more companies offering courses and services around this. You can read more on Reddit r/dropservicing.
Ongoing playlists of songs submitted by the WGI community. Check the vibes on our Spotify playlist.
01. Olson by Boards of Canada submitted by Casey Jacobson
02. Respeita (feat. Dkvpz) by Sango, Dkvpz submitted by Mahavir Baboolall
03. Pig by Sasac submitted by Clare Lagomarsino
04. Object Permanence by Jon McKiel submitted by Mahavir Baboolall
05. All or Nothing by Chrome Sparks, Angelica Bess submitted by Arthur Bobrek
06. Need It by KAYTRANADA, Masego submitted by Abbie Hopper
07. Catching Feelings by Mall Grab submitted by Kieran Vernel
08. The Difference - Extended by Flume, Toro y Moi submitted by Marshal Quast
09. Sonate Pacifique by L'Impératrice, Isaac Delusion submitted by Inês Moreira de Almeida von Hafe Pérez
10. On GP by Death Grips submitted by Kenzo Nelson
11. Plastic door// by KennyHoopla submitted by Pamela Wang
12. Rose Rouge by Jorja Smith submitted by Levi Whitehead
13. Opal by Bicep submitted by Bella Loughlin
14. Open Your Eyes - Genix Sunset Mix by Genix submitted by Tasneem Samarkandy
15. SKR by Zoé submitted by Astrid Gabriela Martinez Santillanes
16. Le Regard Des Gens by Nekfeu, Nemir, 2zer, Doums submitted by Gianluca Garofalo
17. 10K by Obongjayar submitted by Adegoke Adebowale
18. The Bigger Picture by Lil Baby submitted by Quian Redfern
19. Madness by Weval submitted by Michael Fischer
20. Be Thankful For What You've Got by Massive Attack submitted by Fairy Shih
Subscribe to our newsletter and join a community of emerging creatives around the world.