Tell us why you're the best applicant in under 50 words
I work to learn. I'm seeking knowledge from the creatives who are actually making their dreams a reality.
Give us your bio in under 500 words
I am Michael Hanley - a digital designer based in Virginia Beach. I graduated from Flagler College with a BFA in Graphic Design.
I’m passionate about building experiences that put people first. My design practice is set around learning by doing. I am always expanding my skillsets because I believe that predictability leads to boredom.
1. What's the most courageous thing you've ever done?
Has saved multiple baby turtles from crossing the road.
2. How are creativity and innovation related?
I believe everybody is creative and brings something different to the table. Bring all of those different people together and you have innovation.
3. Why do companies need clarity and creativity?
Companies need clarity and creativity to keep flourishing with times.
4. You have 30 minutes of free time. What do you do with it?
I go outside, take a walk to either distract my mind or flourish it.
5. What is one risky and bold goal in life you have? Or, if you could dedicate your life to solving one problem, what would it be?
I'm dedicated to helping our oceans. Wether it be living more sustainable, standing up to tyrants to protect it, or informing others about problems that need action.
6. Explain your creative process
Every project is different with its own set of constraints, which makes the path getting there that much different. For me one thing thats reoccurring is research. I like to compare it to a thermometer. At the beginning of a project it starts at 0, to reach 100 you totally have immerse yourself in the subject and keep building on what you find to get that meter filled up. Once it's filled up thats when the magic happens.
7. What is the best advice that you have been given?
Never lose your cool.
8. What is your definition of creativity?
Creativity is feeling. Creativity is alive. Creativity is abstract.
9. What 10 songs are on your favorite playlist right now?
E.V.P. - Blood Orange
Avant Gardener - Courtney Barnett
Candy - The Men
The Story of the Wind - Emahoy Tsegue, Maryam Guebrou
Bonzo Goes to Bitburg - Ramones
Beechwood Park - The Zombies
53 Miles West of Venus - B-52's
Children's Story - Slick Rick
Iced Cooly - Boards of Canada
Powercut - The Jermz
10. How do you want people to remember you?
Hopefully someone that can listen. Someone that can make you laugh when you're sad or give you constructive advice if asked.
Passport is valid for next 12 months
Which country issued your passport?
Have you been convicted of a crime and/or a felony? If so, what was the offense? State the city, country, and date.